Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Isn't Time Funny?

16 October 2009

So just a random story that made me laugh...Kurt is leaving Notre Dame today to fly to Arizona and hike the Grand Canyon for a week with his family. He is going to call me around 1:00pm before he leaves - 6:00pm my time. He will then fly to Phoenix, going from Eastern time to Mountain time and making the time difference 8 hours instead of 6. However, Phoenix does not observe daylight savings time so it will actually be 9 hours. So, when he arrives in Arizona- around midnight- he will call me and it will be 9:00am my time. In case you didn't follow all of that he will call me twice in one of his days and reach me in the early evening of one day and then the bright morning of another...isn't time funny?

Ps. I discovered that France does actually observe DST but it falls back a different weekend than the US (how confusing!) So for one week the time difference will only be 5 hours but will then return to 6. Just in case you were wondering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment